The Alexander Technique has been used by people for well over 100 years to improve the quality of their lives. During this time a number of prominent individuals have publicly endorsed the Technique. They include:
- John Cleese, Actor and Comedian
- Sir Charles Sherrington (1857 – 1952), Neurophysiologist & Nobel Prize for Medicine 1932
- Sir Colin Davis, Conductor
- Nikolaas Tinbergen (1907 – 1988), Nobel Prize for Physiology/Medicine 1974 (he devoted half of his Nobel acceptance speech to the Alexander Technique – watch it on YouTube here)
- Alan Rickman, Actor (XX – XX)
- Lynne Redgrave, Actor
- George Bernard Shaw (XX – XX), Nobel Prize for Literature 1925.
- Juliette Binoche, Actor
- Sir Stafford Cripps (XX – XX), Former Chancellor of the Exchequer
- Aldous Huxley (XX – XX) Writer
There are many more famous people who have used the Alexander Technique including Paul McCartney, Dame Judi Dench, Jeremy Irons, Yehudi Menuhin, Sting, Paul Newman, Michael Caine, Jamie-Lee Curtis.